Adsense

A Play on Love

Here's a short play centered around the theme of love:

**Title: "The Heart's Dilemma"**

**Characters:**
- **Alex:** A young, indecisive romantic.
- **Jordan:** Alex's best friend, pragmatic and logical.
- **Sam:** Alex's current partner, loving but sensing distance.
- **Taylor:** Alex's ex, reappearing after a long absence.

**Scene 1: A cozy café.**

(Alex sits at a table, staring at their coffee. Jordan enters and sits down.)

**Jordan:** (Concerned) You look like you're lost in thought. What's going on?

**Alex:** (Sighs) It's Sam… and Taylor.

**Jordan:** Taylor? You mean your ex, Taylor? What about Sam?

**Alex:** (Conflicted) Sam's great—kind, loving. But Taylor came back into my life, and all these old feelings just… resurfaced. Now, I don’t know what to do.

**Jordan:** (Leaning forward) Do you still love Sam?

**Alex:** (Hesitant) Yes, I think so. But with Taylor, it feels like there's unfinished business, like a chapter I never got to close.

**Jordan:** (Nods) The heart's tricky like that. It holds onto memories, even the painful ones. But you have to ask yourself, are you longing for Taylor or the idea of what could have been?

**Alex:** (Quietly) I don’t know… When I’m with Sam, I feel safe, loved. But when I saw Taylor, it was like a spark that I hadn’t felt in a long time.

**Jordan:** (Thoughtful) Sparks can be exciting, but they can also burn out quickly. You need to figure out if that spark is something real or just a fleeting memory.

**Scene 2: Alex's apartment, later that evening.**

(Sam is sitting on the couch, reading. Alex enters, looking anxious.)

**Sam:** (Looks up, smiling) Hey, you’ve been quiet today. Everything okay?

**Alex:** (Sits beside Sam, struggling to find words) I need to talk to you about something.

**Sam:** (Concerned) What is it?

**Alex:** (Deep breath) Taylor came back.

**Sam:** (Surprised, trying to stay calm) And… how does that make you feel?

**Alex:** (Hesitant) Confused. It brought back a lot of old feelings, and I’m not sure what to do with them.

**Sam:** (Sad, but understanding) I see. Do you still love Taylor?

**Alex:** (Pause) I don’t know. I love you, Sam. But I need to figure out what these feelings mean.

**Sam:** (Nods) I won’t pretend this doesn’t hurt, but I respect that. You need to be sure. Just… be honest with yourself, Alex. Don’t hold onto the past if it’s just a shadow.

**Scene 3: A park, the next day.**

(Alex sits on a bench, Taylor approaches, smiling.)

**Taylor:** (Playful) You look like you’ve seen a ghost.

**Alex:** (Smiles weakly) Maybe I have.

**Taylor:** (Sits beside Alex) So, how’s life been treating you?

**Alex:** (Sighs) It’s been good. I’m with someone now, someone who makes me happy.

**Taylor:** (Nods, understanding) And yet, here we are.

**Alex:** (Looks at Taylor) Why now, Taylor? Why come back?

**Taylor:** (Shrugs) I don’t know. Maybe I missed you. Maybe I realized what I lost. Or maybe… I just needed to see if we could have what we almost did.

**Alex:** (Thinks) Do you think we could?

**Taylor:** (Honest) I don’t know. But the question is, do you want to try? Or are you happy where you are?

**Alex:** (Silence, then speaks with certainty) I think… I need to move forward. You were a big part of my past, but I don’t think you’re my future.

**Taylor:** (Nods, smiling softly) Then that’s your answer.

**Scene 4: Alex's apartment, that evening.**

(Alex enters, finding Sam in the kitchen.)

**Alex:** (Approaches Sam) I’ve been thinking…

**Sam:** (Turns, waiting)

**Alex:** (Sincere) I choose us. I choose the love that’s here, now, and real. Taylor was my past, but you… you’re my future.

**Sam:** (Smiling with relief) I’m glad you figured that out. I love you, Alex.

**Alex:** (Smiling) I love you too.

(They embrace, the stage lights dimming as they hold each other close, symbolizing the warmth and security of love chosen.)

**End.**

No comments: